Morgantown Criminal Defense Lawyers Protect Your Rights
How we can help
Since 1952, Angotti & Straface, L.C. in Morgantown, West Virginia helps individuals charged with criminal offenses preserve their liberties and way of life. We understand the seriousness of a criminal conviction and the impact it could have on your life and the lives of your loved ones. We seek to minimize penalties through a carefully prepared and compelling defense.
We handle a wide variety of criminal defense cases
Our criminal defense lawyers bring nearly 60 years of combined legal experience to the practice of criminal law. Each holds the DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, demonstrating we have earned the respect of our peers for ethical standards and professional ability. We are formidable opponents in the courtrooms of West Virginia and federal courts. We routinely handle the following types of felony and misdemeanor criminal cases:
- Assault and other violent crimes. Crimes against a person, such as assault, battery, or aggravated assault, carry serious penalties including jail or prison time. More serious violent crimes call for longer periods of incarceration, up to life in prison for first-degree murder. But there are viable defenses to these charges, such as self-defense or defense of a third party. We thoroughly examine the facts to challenge the prosecution’s case against you.
- Drug crimes. Violations such as drug manufacturing, drug possession and drug trafficking carry significant jail time. However, overzealous police tactics can give grounds for challenging a stop, search or arrest on constitutional grounds.
- DUI. Driving under the influence (DUI) penalties depend on your age and whether the incident in question is a repeat offense. West Virginia takes DUI seriously. We scrutinize law enforcement procedures and the results of your sobriety tests, because the police can make mistakes, and testing machinery can be faulty.
- Sex crimes. If convicted, you face jail time and the requirement to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. Our experienced criminal defense attorneys capably represent you in cases of sexual assault, rape, possession of child pornography, or other sex crimes.
- Theft crimes. Conviction of a theft crime, including auto theft, burglary, fraud, shoplifting, receiving stolen property, robbery, and larceny, can result in jail time, costly fines and orders to pay restitution. We work to negotiate solutions that protect your rights and minimize the fallout from your arrest.
- Traffic violations. We help clients fight citations that could jeopardize their driver’s license and drive up the cost of insurance in cases of reckless driving, careless driving, driving without a license and other traffic violations.
- White collar crimes. Nonviolent, economic crimes such as money laundering, fraud, embezzlement, identity theft, and internet crimes can bring federal as well as state charges. We provide quality representation against aggressive prosecution of white collar crimes.
At Angotti & Straface, we fight for your rights and for the best possible resolution to your case.
Why you need distinguished counsel for your defense
If you are convicted, your criminal record follows you for the rest of your life. It can limit your ability to find a job, buy a house or rent an apartment. As trial lawyers with decades of experience in state and federal courtrooms, we have fought against all types of misdemeanor and felony charges on behalf of our clients. Do not take chances with your future. A qualified criminal defense attorney can handle your case.
Contact a Morgantown, West Virginia criminal defense attorney now
Angotti & Straface, L.C. in Morgantown represents West Virginians accused of criminal offenses. Call us 24/7 at 304-212-7368 or contact us online to tell us about your situation. We offer free initial consultations at our Spruce Street office and can come directly to you if you are held in custody.