Morgantown Family Law Attorneys Help You Face a Brighter Future
Our experienced, guiding hands protect your rights
Since 1952, Angotti & Straface, L.C. in Morgantown has given individuals and families in West Virginia the personal attention they need and deserve when dealing with family law issues. We handle each case personally and we make a commitment to respond promptly to calls and emails, because we know you have questions that need answers. Whatever the nature of your family legal matter, we guide you through the legal process step by step. We keep you fully informed throughout the progress of your case. Above all, we want to relieve your stress and give you peace of mind.
Distinguished attorneys handle a broad range of family law issues
Our attorneys put nearly 60 years of combined legal experience to work for you across a wide spectrum of family law cases that include the following:
- Divorce. If you have decided to dissolve your marriage, we draft and file your petition for divorce or respond to your spouse’s petition. We negotiate marital settlement agreements to resolve all related issues, such as the equitable distribution of your marital property, child custody, child support and spousal support. When necessary, we assist in mediation and we litigate contentious issues in court. We also help secure your rights if you and your spouse would prefer a legal separation.
- Child custody. The court considers many factors when determining an appropriate parenting plan for legal custody, physical custody and visitation of your children. Our knowledgeable family law attorneys assist in these matters through principled negotiation and determined litigation. Our attorneys also serve as mediators to resolve conflicts cost-effectively.
- Child support. Under West Virginia law, the court looks at a number of factors in calculating child support, including parents’ monthly income and number of children. An Angotti & Straface attorney can also represent you in legal proceedings when changes need to occur in child support based on changes in circumstances or when enforcement becomes necessary.
- Adoptions. Adoptions are happy occasions, but they can involve a good deal of paperwork and bureaucracy. We can help you with private or public agency adoptions and stand by your side from the initial adoption application through completion in court.
- Domestic violence. Under state law, every person has the right to be safe and secure at home and in the family, free from domestic violence. When this right is violated, we can help domestic violence victims take action. You don’t have to live in fear.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. We negotiate, draft and review marital agreements that protect your property rights.
- Divorce decree modification. If you have experienced a substantial change in circumstances since the court issued your divorce decree, we can represent you in motions to modify the order. Conversely, if your ex wishes to modify any part of your divorce decree against your objections, we can advocate for you to uphold the original order.
Our attorneys have successfully handled the full breadth of family law issues. When you work with us, you can rely on a steady, guiding hand and a fierce opponent in court to make sure your rights are protected always. Our firm’s family law attorneys hold the DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, so you can rest assured you will receive highly capable and ethical service.
Contact us for your free initial family law consultation
Angotti & Straface, L.C. in Morgantown helps West Virginia families successfully resolve family law matters, whether they involve divorce, child custody or support, adoptions, or domestic violence. Call our office at 304-212-7368 or contact us online to set up your free initial consultation. We offer Spanish translation services for your convenience.