West Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers Help to Get You the Compensation You Deserve for Your Injuries
We hold negligent parties accountable for their actions
Since 1952, Angotti & Straface, L.C. has helped injured victims secure the compensation they deserve now and for the future. Although Morgantown is a small city of fewer than 30,000 permanent residents, there is plenty of activity. From the bustling West Virginia University campus to the Metropolitan Theatre and the Monongalia Arts Center, to the Suncrest Towne Centre, there is much to do and see, and unfortunately, many opportunities to sustain an injury. Should you be injured due to someone’s negligent action, each of our attorneys has the skill and knowledge to investigate your claim, determine liability, and hold negligent parties accountable through the legal system. We are determined to secure the maximum compensation possible for your medical expenses, property loss, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
In West Virginia, you only have two years from the date of an accident to bring a claim against those who caused your injury. That may seem like a long time, but it goes quickly, and in the interim you can lose valuable evidence that’s crucial to your case. It is important to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. From our Morgantown office, we travel throughout Monongalia County and West Virginia and are at your service for personal injury cases.
Personalized service for a wide range of injury cases
Our firm’s attorneys hold the DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, signifying that our attorneys are widely respected for professional achievement and ethical standards. Having served Morgantown for more than half a century, we know West Virginians expect small-town client service, especially when they have an urgent legal issue. Clients choose our firm and recommend us to friends because we truly put people first. If you’ve suffered a serious personal injury, you can trust our attorneys to work diligently to secure the best possible results. We are prepared to manage a wide variety of personal injury cases, involving:
- Catastrophic injury. Life-changing injuries, such as the loss of limbs and paralysis, require a level of ongoing care that that is not affordable for most people, especially when the injury limits a person’s ability to earn a living. We understand how important it is to make sure those who harmed you pay sufficient compensation for any catastrophic injury.
- Defective products. You may have grounds to bring a products liability suit if a defective product caused your injury. The manufacturer may be liable for its faulty design, faulty manufacture or the lack of proper warning labels.
- Premises liability. Property owners are responsible for keeping their properties free and clear of hazards. When they fail to do so and someone sustains an injury as a result, they can be held accountable for monetary damages through a premises liability lawsuit. Premises liability includes slips, trips and falls on someone else’s property.
- Medical malpractice. You place your trust in the medical professionals who provide care for you and your family. But when a provider fails to perform at an acceptable, professional standard and you are injured as a result, we can hold the professional accountable through the legal system with a medical malpractice suit.
- Social Security disability. To qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must be out of work for at least 12 months because of a medical condition. Our firm helps with initial filings and appeals when the Social Security Administration denies your initial claim.
- Car accidents. West Virginia has a high rate of serious and fatal car accidents relative to our state’s population and the number of miles we drive annually. High-speed crashes on I-79, I-68, Route 43, U.S. 19, U.S. 119, Route 7, Route 705 and CR 857can result in devastating injuries. We gather evidence to show that your injury was caused by the other driver’s negligence and strive to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Angotti & Straface handles your personal injury case on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees unless we recover for you.
Contact us now to schedule your free initial personal injury consultation
Angotti & Straface, L.C. helps injured victims throughout West Virginia get full and fair compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. Call us now at 304-212-7368 or contact us online to arrange your free initial consultation. Our Spruce Street office is located in the heart of downtown Morgantown, just south of the West Virginia University campus and a few blocks east of the Monongahela River. If your injuries prevent you from visiting us, we can come to your home or hospital room.