West Virginia Defective Products Lawyers Hold Negligent Manufacturers Accountable
We pursue full and fair compensation for injured victims
Since 1952, the Morgantown, West Virginia law firm of Angotti & Straface, L.C. has helped people secure the compensation they need and deserve for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering caused by defective consumer and vehicle products.
When you buy a product, you expect it to operate properly. But a design flaw, faulty production or lack of appropriate warnings can cause an accident and injury. Each Angotti & Straface defective products lawyer handles a variety of products liability cases, including:
- Defects in vehicles and auto parts, such as airbags, seatbelts, seatbacks, tires and roofs
- Defects in commercial products, including workplace machinery such as presses, cutters, conveyor belts and hydraulic lifts
- Defects in power tools, such as circular saws, pneumatic tools and air compressors
- Defects in consumer products, such as appliances and toys
A product defect attorney from our firm has the skill and proven trial experience to confidently tackle manufacturers, even the largest corporations. We hire engineering and manufacturing experts, and often economists and medical experts who understand and demonstrate the lasting physical injury and lost earning capacity brought about by the defective product. While our preparatory work requires a large upfront investment, we bear the burden and you pay no attorney fees unless we obtain money for you.
We seek to prove negligence
When personal injury, death, or emotional, economic or property damage results from the manufacture, design, distribution, packaging, labeling, lease or sale of a product, a products liability suit can be brought in West Virginia.
To win a products liability lawsuit, we must prove at least one of these defects:
- A design defect — An inherently dangerous flaw
- A manufacturing defect — A problem with the materials or with the way the product was assembled
- A failure to warn — A message from the manufacturer that warns that particular use may be unsafe
We must also show that the product defect is directly linked to your injuries. For example, we may determine that helmet failure, a form of product defect, was involved in your motorcycle accident injury. We would have to demonstrate that a design or manufacturing flaw in the helmet was directly linked to your injury.
Injured by a defective product? Contact us now to set up your free initial consultation
Angotti & Straface, L.C. in Morgantown represents injured victims of defective products. Call us at 304-212-7368 or contact us online to arrange your free initial consultation. You pay no attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you. For the severely injured, we gladly come to your home or hospital room.